Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Let's discuss implications of the Casimir Effect and related

Tell us about your work or other work of interest

Let's discuss implications of the Casimir Effect and related

Postby wlminex » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 am

I've been studying the Casimir Effect (CE) for several years. I believe CE is a subquantum to trans-planckian (scale) phenomenon that we can only slightly 'detect' on this side of Planck length. I believe there may well be other similar (to CE) phenomena and mechanisms that are worthy of investigation. My studies lead me to opinions that CE operates within both inorgaanic and organic domains and the scale of CE interactions (a few nanometers) is responsible (in some part) for development of organic life within inorganic substrates (e.g., clay layer interstitia, of all things!). I am also of the opinion that CE may be responsible (in some part) for the evolution of organic life in which CE energetics affect (can break) weak hydrogen bonding in RNA and DNA nucleotides, initiating genetic mutations that, if sequentially repetitive, can modulate evolution. There are also (IMO) theological implications of CE that we can discuss in another subforum. wlminex
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
wlminex

Re: Let's discuss implications of the Casimir Effect and rel

Postby wlminex » Wed May 10, 2017 1:14 am

So that you can 'jump into the realm of CE' and think about quantum entanglement in biologic systems, try Googling the same: "Quantum Entanglement in Biologic Systems". An intriguing topic that hopefully will generate more discussion on this thread. [Also, there are some interesting theological and metaphysical implications!!]
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
wlminex

Return to Physics Research