Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Novel Research in Physics

Novel Research in Physics

Postby Ron Jenkins » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 am

Hi,

I'm writing a Science Fiction Novel and I have drawn some conclusions from the science that I know. I'm hoping to get a discussion going about some of my conclusions with people who have more in depth knowledge than I do. I would like to start by asking some questions.

1) Has anyone done any work on a string theory using 12 dimensions? I'm aware of research on 10,11 and 26 but I have not seen any work on 12. 10 gives us 5 different theories, 11 gives us Branes and 26 has been rejected. I speculate that 12 might give us a fluid dynamic description.

2) Has anyone done any research on particles as white holes? (Supersymetry)
or
3) Has anyone done any research or theoretical conjecture on attractors outside of our universe causing greater than expected expansion of our known space?

These are just a few of the things I am interested in researching. Is anyone willing to help?
Ron Jenkins

Re: Novel Research in Physics

Postby JohnDuffield » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 pm

I can't help you with any of the above I'm afraid Ron.
JohnDuffield
Site Admin

Postby Ron Jenkins » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Sorry to hear that John but I understand completely. Thanks for answering my post!
Ron Jenkins

Postby Ron Jenkins » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Just in case anyone is interested in helping me out with my story...

I'm putting the final edits up for review as I make them, part by part, at a place called Wattpad.

Here is a link to the final edits https://www.wattpad.com/story/99306379-th3-reborn
Ron Jenkins

Postby JohnDuffield » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 pm

When I used to write science fiction I learned a lot from something I started called "the writers' bootstrap". I advertised for like-minded people and we swapped stories for constructive criticism. Some criticism wasn't constructive, but I got enough feedback to make improvements. I like to think I learned how to "hook" the reader and pull him along in a fast-paced storyline that kept him wanting more. One phrase that stuck in my mind is murder your darlings. For some strange reason fewer adjectives and very short sentences seem to work better. As does "real time" storytelling, where the reader can imagine being there. Your story starts with a long introduction and an infodump giving a history of greedy corporations. It's somehow lacking something. IMHO it needs to grab the reader and pull him right into the story, and make him (or her) want to read the next page, and so on.
JohnDuffield
Site Admin

Postby Ron Jenkins » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes, I understand exactly what you mean and you are right. If you want that, read Th3 Great Frontier: Foundation. It is a conventional real time story telling adventure. Part of it is also published on wattpad. (Great Frontier a complete book is based on the first chapter of Reborn).

If you read the first chapter you understand that the book Th3 Reborn is a stream of consciousness from a dying guy. And yes that will attract fewer readers. But I accept that because that book is my outline for a whole series of books and covers way too much "time" to tell in the conventional way.

When I first started drafting the book it was my attempt to explain science from my point of view and make sense of it from the beginning of time to the end. I'm here because I want "like minded" people to give me their feedback on the concepts there.

Some of those concepts I mentioned in my first post here. When I wrote them I didn't mean to make it seem as if I were looking for people here who had "done" work in those areas but meant had heard similar theories. I didn't make all my stuff up I just collected it within my lifetime and organized it in this book. Before I did the final edit I wanted to see if I could research those concepts again. Maybe some of them I made up myself but there was always a kernel from somewhere.

I'm not trying to get science to change into my visions of the future of science but to give it some context in which to expand. Just something to consider. I'm told that the reader does get used to my unconventional writing style in this book. For me each chapter is the kernel for a full book of live action and maybe more.

If you go to my profile there you will learn more about me and why I am there at wattpad and why I am here. I've already done some focus groups on each chapter of Th3 Reborn there and got enough feedback to start the final edit there. I learned that the science I tried to tell in the story confused and bored the general reader. I had a couple of science types that loved it so in the final edit I have removed the science from the story, for the most part, and put it in an appendix at the end with links, in case someone wants more of an explanation.

The eBook I have at Amazon has already had the Appendix added to separate the science from the story but it is just cut and pasted. I've not yet done the final edits to make it totally its own story. If it turns out that anyone cares enough I can make that eBook available for free but I really want input to my concepts and story before I put it in print, so either way I would like some feedback. Read or not your choice but even if you don't like something I want the feedback. Does not mean I will change it or agree but I will always consider it. If you ask the people who read my stuff they will tell you I have no problem "fixing" something... lol.
Ron Jenkins

Postby Ron Jenkins » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 am

Here is a link to a summary of some of the theories I use to tell my story. In the book it appears at the end because the book is a circle just like my theory. Anyway here is the link.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/65933016- ... th3-reborn

If you are interested here is a more conventionally written story...

https://www.wattpad.com/story/59402497- ... foundation

I hope you are interested in helping a poor deluded SciFi writer see the light... lol.
Ron Jenkins

Postby Ron Jenkins » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 am

I forgot to re-link the main story I'm interested in comments on...

https://www.wattpad.com/story/99306379-th3-reborn

I don't do emoticons but if I did I would put one here.
Ron Jenkins

Postby Ron Jenkins » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:29 am

John, But then as I think about it maybe your comment was not really meant to help me. Hope I'm wrong. Ron
Ron Jenkins

Postby Ron Jenkins » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:51 am

Oh, by the way anyone can post a story there. Maybe you would like to post some of your stuff and get some feedback... jusayin.
Ron Jenkins

Next

Return to Other