Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LED efficiency

LED efficiency

Postby figaro » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 pm

i wonder if it is possible to get the efficiency of an LED just by knowing the radiant power an the outside temperatur. i also know the temperatur of the emmited light. well they say the LED has an efficiency >1 because it takes heat from the out side and turns it into rays. so these two things must add to have the radiant power..... but how can i get the efficiency out of that?
figaro

Re: LED efficiency

Postby industry7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Theoretically you could use temperature to determine efficiency, but I suspect that you'd have an extremely difficult time measuring everything properly. LED manufacturers have equipment that can measure input power (electricity) and output power (light) very well. Ous just go by their numbers.
industry7

Return to Light and Electromagnetism