Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Light is Not in 3 demintional space we are living

Light is Not in 3 demintional space we are living

Postby lightin4D » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Assume the light is moving toward another direction in different dimension and higher dimension of space. And it moves relative to 3 dimensional space, so no matter how we measure it, because we are in 3D space, it's speed does not change. It explains
Why speed of light is constant.
It could explain why it behave in multiple ways because it contains a part of 3D space: imagine a 2D plane, a "thing" can be only a point or a line, but in 3D, a "thing" could be both because it can be observed from different directions, different ways just like light can be observed as both particle and light.
Does this explaination make sense?
lightin4D

Re: Light is Not in 3 demintional space we are living

Postby industry7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:48 pm

If I'm understanding you, this is similar to my own thoughts about photons. That they are probably objects that exist in more than 3 dimensions. So I've been thinking about what shape it would be. Like if you have a square, that's 2d. If you extend that to 3d, you get a cube. But going back in the other directing, a 2d shadow of a cube usually doesn't end up looking like a square.

That's just an analogy, I don't think a photon is a shadow exactly. But the point being that there are different ways of projecting higher dimensional shapes into lower dimensional ones, and I wonder if there is a "simple" shape that ends up looking like a photon in 3d.
industry7

Re: Light is Not in 3 demintional space we are living

Postby JohnDuffield » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

It would seem that photons are lemon-shaped. I kid ye not. See https://arxiv.org/abs/0803.2596 and this article:

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/new ... nformation

JohnDuffield
Site Admin

Return to Time and Space