Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

If only computers were...1,000,000,000 times faster or so.

If only computers were...1,000,000,000 times faster or so.

Postby fay's unKle » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

With digital technology it's like everything has been written and awaits for humanity to be discovered and been seen.

An hour's video is a combination of about 4,000,000,000 bits, (500 MB) exactness is absolutely unnecessary for this treatment of the subject, that is 4bn 0s and 1s written (etched) for example on a DVD with hills and valleys. Every other video is off course another combination of 4bn 0s and 1s. All that have been created and those that will be created will be written with another combination of 4bn 0s and 1s.

If we could find among these combinations the ones that make sense, with super-intelligent codes running on hyper-fast computing devices, we would have been able to see them. With 2 bits there are 4 possible combinations 2**2, with 3, 8= 2**3 and with 4bn bits, 2 to the 4th billionth power, combinations. This is about 10 to the 1,200,000,000 power. 10**1,200,000,000 which will be rounded to 10**1,000,000,000 (remember exactness is absolutely unnecessary for this treatment of the subject) without diverting from our main qualitative description of what can be seen as a mentally refreshing envisage.

All pictures, video, music, text, drawings are written, everything that has taken place and created and will take place and will be created. Incredibly huge but finite (?) like the universe. (?) Will humanity see Napoleon's battles and the battle of Marathon and will also see how the human being evolved. If computers pick the combinations that make sence, men most probably, will understand what is fiction and what is real from the hints that has.

Did digital technology, the manipulation, storage and transmission of light and sound with numbers, made the expression: Everything is written and awaits the human being to discover them, sensible, But unfortunately only sensible not practical. I remembered it again, having crossed my mind a few years ago, when I saw these: "Quantum computers will one day be able to cope with computational tasks in no time where current computers would take years." or "Advances at Google, Intel, and several research groups indicate that computers with previously unimaginable power are finally within reach. Availability: 4-5 years March 2017" and "....quantum computer can solve certain problems 100 million times faster than an ordinary computer" but also this "The Quantum D-Wave 2 Is 3,600 Times Faster than a Super Computer" which I can't judge. Who knows, one may think, who knows what may happen.

PS. Aaaand.....does this also mean that if one adjusted the frames of a video to check to be 10 to the 18nth power per second (I heard that electron movement can be detected with attosecond technology) will discover among the zillions of combinations the ones that show the electrons in their eternal dance of matter in the atom or how they engage in molecules.
fay's unKle

Return to Will it happen?