Welcome
Welcome to physicsdiscussionforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Rabbit Hole

The Rabbit Hole

Postby RayRussell » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:21 am

In our rush to see what’s down the rabbit hole does anyone stop to think there might be a price to pay?

Once in the hole do we lose perspective fully confident but fully immersed in the accuracy of measurement and calculation, should we just shut up and calculate, or should we also use that not so common thing we call common sense?

Let me invite you back to the surface for a moment, the hole will still be there and I am sure when you go back down the measurements will not have changed but you may have a new perspective.

This is my second post and it is a series of common sense statements that reiterate those of my first post, I cordially invite all members to stop me and show me how these statements do not make sense.

1. When I look at a star I observe a different place at a different time
2. There is no cut off point, this is true regardless of scale
3. Every (physical) different point exists at a (temporal)different time
4. All points exist “relatively now”
5. All points exist “relativity here”
6. For something to exist it must exist somewhere
7. It is impossible for “now” not to exist
8. Time must define a place to exist in
9. Every point in the universe is both physical and temporal (here and now)
10. No two points exist at the same time
11. Only one point exists at any one time.
12. Everything is made from these points and nothing exists that isn’t made from them.

You don’t get this when you’re stuck down a rabbit hole, so spend a moment with me topside, breath some fresh air and stretch out on the grass and give your brain a chance.
RayRussell

Re: The Rabbit Hole

Postby RayRussell » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:52 pm

Is it so hard to see that time defines a space, the "here and now", that time is made from these moments?

When we go down the rabbit hole, i.e. if we just shut up and calculate how are we ever going to work out the contradictions that pure calculations give us?
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 am

Lets go down the rabbit hole of pure calculation and find some contradictions.

From Wikipedia: Wave-particle Duality

The modern double-slit experiment is a demonstration that light and matter can display characteristics of both classically defined waves and particles; moreover, it displays the fundamentally probabilistic nature of quantum mechanical phenomena.

If the universe is one point existing at different times and indeed one point is all other points, a probability wave is a measure of itself at different times, a measurement of one thing across time.
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 pm

From Wikipedia: Double-slit experiment
A well-known thought experiment predicts that if particle detectors are positioned at the slits, showing through which slit a photon goes, the interference pattern will disappear.[3] This which-way experiment illustrates the complementarity principle that photons can behave as either particles or waves, but cannot be observed as both at the same time.

If one particle x observes itself at y, then x is the center of the wave and y is one possible point in the wave.

If one particle x does not observe itself at y, then x is the center of the wave and y is every possible point in the wave.
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 pm

The idea of a quanta of time or quantum time predicts many of the contradictory facts calculated by science and explains them as a matter of course…

1. Relativity
2. Wave-particle duality
3. The observer effect
4. The cosmological constant…for a start

Can anybody pinpoint where I am going wrong, does anybody think I have got it right?
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:40 am

From Wikipedia: Waves

There are two main types of waves. Mechanical waves propagate through a medium, and the substance of this medium is deformed.
The second main type, electromagnetic waves, do not require a medium. Instead, they consist of periodic oscillations of electrical and magnetic fields originally generated by charged particles, and can therefore travel through a vacuum.

The vacume of space is supposed to not be a medium but if one point is every point across time then this is a medium in itself, of itself, across time. There is no need to imagine….

From Wikipedia:Electromagnetic Waves

The electromagnetic waves that compose electromagnetic radiation can be imagined as a self-propagating transverse oscillating wave of electric and magnetic fields.

If gravity is a deformation in spacetime and the idea of quantum time provides the substance of this medium then quantum time predicts gravity.
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Strangely quite.
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

Re: energy and mass are the same thing
Postby pmb » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:07 am

Farsight wrote:
Deboleena is a spammer, pmb.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Farsight wrote:
I disagree with your stance on energy. Energy has a mass equivalence. You can make matter out of it.

That's quite incorrect for the reasons I mentioned above. You really should read the entire paper since it refects what nearly all relativists hold to be true. I can send it to you if you'd like. But it's quite wrong to assert that you can make matter out of energy. What you're confusing is that there are only changes in forms of matter. Creating matter out of energy would mean creating matter out of nothing and that doesn't happen, ever. Where did you ever get the idea that You can make matter out of it. anyway? Post an example and I'll explain the misconception that you have.

He has you here farsight, creating matter out of energy would mean creating matter out of nothing and that doesn't happen, ever. But you have him here, energy has a mass equivalence, you can make matter out of it. Oh no another contradiction from down the rabbit hole.

Points 6 and 7. It is impossible for now not to exist, dont put the cart before the horse, the universe came from time , time did not come from the universe, for something (read everything) to exist it must exist somewhere. When confronted with these contradictions i think the natural reaction (see above) is to burrow deeper but give your brains a chance, come topside, i have cookies and are willing to share.

Point 8. Should read: Time must define the space to exist in. The moment now defines the place here, you know what i hate, people who say, "it is that simple", then have a complex, long winded explanation containing words that have some special meaning that is not explained. This is not one of those, simply: the moment now defines the place here, even time, especially time must exist somewhere or it simply does not exist anywhere.

So farsight you are correct, energy has a mass equivalence, you can make matter out of it. Because Deboleena, creating matter out of energy does not mean creating matter out of nothing, the empty space has the energy that it took to define it.

Sorry if grabbing bits of other posts and using as examples is out of line, when it comes to the rabbit hole people are either right into it or not interested at all, there is a balance point, i see people heading in both directions but few ever stop.
RayRussell

Postby RayRussell » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:49 am

Is there more than one moment in time, is there more than one now?
i have a waste paper bin under my desk, just explain how and make sense and in a heartbeat i will drop this idea because it would simply be wrong and a waste of time.

It is always now, now must define the space it exists in (using a temporal energy to create a physical space)or it simply doesnt exist anywhere, i think this is a single point of spacetime. Together the points make the empty space of the physical universe and the zero point energy of the universe.

You have to ask yourself does this make sense, is time made from moments that are all now and is space made from places that are all here?

Then what exactly do you think time does to a point that is here and now, does it create more points or just let the original exist at different times, if it creates other points dont they cease being here and now. Here and now is a singularity separated in time, the points that make up the universe are all the same point.

How can there be more than one now, please explain this to me and i will put this idea straight in the bin.

This is the common sense of it, burrowing deeper into the rabbit hole in my opinion only confuses the issue.
RayRussell

Return to Time and Space